Add columns to datagrid on the fly!

VBTECH

I have a datagrid in an ASp.net application. Only one column is created at
design time, rest of the columns are created and added to grid on the fly.

When I try to update values in datagrid through UpdateCommand event code
errors out.
e.Item.Cells.Count returns 1 even though I have more columns.

Here is the sample code for creating and adding columns on the fly.

Private Sub GridLoad()
Me.grdProjDetail.AutoGenerateColumns = False
Dim ds As New DataSet
ds = ReturnDataset_StoredProc("usp_StoredProc", Param1, Param2)

Me.grdProjDetail.DataSource = ds

'Create & add columns to DataGrid
Dim col As BoundColumn

'ProjectionDetailID
col = New BoundColumn
col.DataField = "ProjectionDetailID"
Me.grdProjDetail.Columns.Add(col)

'UpdateID
col = New BoundColumn
col.DataField = "UpdateID"
Me.grdProjDetail.Columns.Add(col)

'ItemNo
col = New BoundColumn
col.DataField = "ItemNo"
Me.grdProjDetail.Columns.Add(col)

'QuarterID
col = New BoundColumn
col.DataField = "QuarterID"
Me.grdProjDetail.Columns.Add(col)

'ITEM COLOR
col = New BoundColumn
col.DataField = "ITEMCOLOR"
Me.grdProjDetail.Columns.Add(col)

Me.grdProjDetail.DataBind()
End Sub

Your help is appreciated.

Expand AllCollapse All

Manage Your Profile |Rules of Conduct |Contact Us
© 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms of Use |Trademarks