Add comments to proxies generated by the .NET 2.0 wsdl.exe

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by TR, Jun 3, 2006.

  1. TR

    TR Guest

    Hi folks,

    Does anyone know if wsdl.exe allows you to take documentation out of
    the wsdl and put it in the generated proxy classes as code comments?
    For example:

    The wsdl for my web service contains the following element:

    <xs:element name="GetCustomers">
    <xs:annotation>
    <xs:documentation>
    Gets a list of customers
    <xs:documentation>
    </xs:annotation>
    </xs:element>

    When I generate the proxies for this wsdl, they do not contain the text
    "Gets a list of customers". What I would like to see is this text
    added to a C# comment before the GetCustomers() method. I suspect
    this is a limitation of the wsdl.exe.

    Thanks,
    -TR
    TR, Jun 3, 2006

  2. TR

    Simon Hart Guest

    I don't think this is possible via WSDL.exe. You have to edit the proxy
    source afterwards.

    Simon.

    Simon Hart, Jun 3, 2006

  3. TR