add HTTP headers for authentication

Matt

If I want to have a username/password dialog in my page, how can I add
http header in ASP for username/password dialog? I want to hardcode
the username/password in my page and check the authentication.

Please advise. thanks!!

Ken Schaefer

You set the HTTP status to 401
You then need to add "WWW-Authenticate" headers for each type of
authentication that the server supports (eg Negotiate for Kerberos, NTLM for
NTLM, Digest for Digest or Advanced Digest, Basic for Basic). Additionally,
for those authentication mechanisms that are challenge/response (eg Digest,
NTLM) you need to add the challenge part.

Cheers
Ken