    http header in ASP for username/password dialog? I want to hardcode
    the username/password in my page and check the authentication.

    Please advise. thanks!!

    Matt, Sep 18, 2004

  2. Matt

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    You set the HTTP status to 401
    You then need to add "WWW-Authenticate" headers for each type of
    authentication that the server supports (eg Negotiate for Kerberos, NTLM for
    NTLM, Digest for Digest or Advanced Digest, Basic for Basic). Additionally,
    for those authentication mechanisms that are challenge/response (eg Digest,
    NTLM) you need to add the challenge part.

    Cheers
    Ken

    Ken Schaefer, Sep 19, 2004