    Perhaps I'm just supposed to do this a different way now?

    Thanks,

    Nick...

    Nick Gilbert, Aug 23, 2006

  2. Hi,

    Nick Gilbert wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > How can I add a new project to a VS 2005 asp.net website?
    > There is no context menu item "Add Project" like there was in VS 2003.
    > In fact there isn't really a solution to right click on (just the
    > website itself).
    >
    > Surely they haven't removed the ability to have multiple projects in a
    > solution in 2005?
    >
    > Perhaps I'm just supposed to do this a different way now?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Nick...

    I think that you should try the Web Application Project template, which
    makes web application development much closer to the 2003 experience.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/reference/infrastructure/wap/default.aspx

    HTH,
    Laurent
    --
    Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft

    Laurent Bugnion, Aug 23, 2006

  3. Nick Gilbert

    Kevin Jones Guest

    Under Tools..Options go to "Projects and Solutions" and select "Always
    show solution"

    By default VS 2005 doesn't show the solutiion in solution explorer if
    there is only one project (web or otherwise) in it.

    Once you have the solution continue like you would in VS 2003

    Kevin Jones

    Kevin Jones, Aug 23, 2006
  4. Hello Nick,

    If what you want to do is adding a new project into the solution of the
    ASP.NET web application, you can refer to Kevin's suggestion(show the web
    project's solution node and manipulate it).

    ASP.NET 2.0 project has changed much from ASP.NET 1.1/VS 2003, one big
    difference is ASP.NET 2.0/vs 2005 web project is projectless(which hasn't a
    project file, just a normal file folder). And by default VS 2005 hide the
    solution node of ASP.NET 2.0 project.

    here is a good article on scottgu's weblog that introducing the new project
    model of ASP.net 2.0/vs 2005 application:

    #VS 2005 Web Project System: What is it and why did we do it?
    http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2005/08/21/423201.aspx

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead