    password QWERTYU$$ and role Administrator?

    I'm using authentication mode="Forms"

    Thanks
    AAaron123, Nov 4, 2008

  2. AAaron123

    Ilyas Guest

    On 4 Nov, 19:40, "AAaron123" <> wrote:
    > I think I can do this but can't seem to get it to work.
    >
    > Can I add a few lines to my web.config to allow username ABC to login with
    > password QWERTYU$$ and  role Administrator?
    >
    > I'm using authentication mode="Forms"
    >
    > Thanks

    Try the following

    <authentication mode="Forms">
    <credentials passwordFormat="clear">
    <user name="ABC"
    password="QWERTY$$$$"/>
    </credentials>
    </authentication>
    Ilyas, Nov 5, 2008

  3. AAaron123

    AAaron123 Guest

    "Ilyas" <> wrote in message
    On 4 Nov, 19:40, "AAaron123" <> wrote:
    > I think I can do this but can't seem to get it to work.
    >
    > Can I add a few lines to my web.config to allow username ABC to login with
    > password QWERTYU$$ and role Administrator?
    >
    > I'm using authentication mode="Forms"
    >
    > Thanks

    Above, I should have written:
    I think I should be able to do this...

    Try the following

    <authentication mode="Forms">
    <credentials passwordFormat="clear">
    <user name="ABC"
    password="QWERTY$$$$"/>
    </credentials>
    </authentication>

    authentication mode required the forms tag so I left the one I had:
    <forms loginUrl="Login\Login Etc.aspx" protection="Validation" timeout="300"

    <credentials passwordFormat="Clear" >

    <user name="ABC" password="QWERTY$$$$"/>

    </credentials>

    But this did not let me log in.

    Also, what do I do about setting the role for ABC?
    AAaron123, Nov 5, 2008