add user name wia web.config??

AAaron123

I think I can do this but can't seem to get it to work.

Can I add a few lines to my web.config to allow username ABC to login with
password QWERTYU$$ and role Administrator?

I'm using authentication mode="Forms"

Thanks

Ilyas

I think I can do this but can't seem to get it to work.

Can I add a few lines to my web.config to allow username ABC to login with
password QWERTYU$$ and  role Administrator?

I'm using authentication mode="Forms"

Thanks

Try the following

<authentication mode="Forms">
<credentials passwordFormat="clear">
<user name="ABC"
password="QWERTY$$$$"/>
</credentials>
</authentication>

AAaron123

I think I can do this but can't seem to get it to work.

Can I add a few lines to my web.config to allow username ABC to login with
password QWERTYU$$ and role Administrator?

I'm using authentication mode="Forms"

Thanks
Above, I should have written:
I think I should be able to do this...

Try the following

<authentication mode="Forms">
<credentials passwordFormat="clear">
<user name="ABC"
password="QWERTY$$$$"/>
</credentials>
</authentication>

authentication mode required the forms tag so I left the one I had:
<forms loginUrl="Login\Login Etc.aspx" protection="Validation" timeout="300"

<credentials passwordFormat="Clear" >

<user name="ABC" password="QWERTY$$$$"/>

</credentials>

But this did not let me log in.

Also, what do I do about setting the role for ABC?