Add Window control library to web page

Guest

I have a window control library with a user control abd I need to add this
dll to the aspx web pag.
How can I do this.
Thanks,
RK

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,
I have a window control library with a user control abd I need to add this
dll to the aspx web pag.
How can I do this.
Thanks,
RK

Like Eliyahu said, web and win are to different worlds. There is a way,
though, to convert a WinForms control into an ActiveX control, which can
be added to a web page using the normal way (OBJECT tag).

http://www.codeproject.com/cs/miscctrl/htmlwincontrol.asp

However, ActiveX technology is questionable (proprietary, unsecure (or
at least perceived as such), disappearing), and I would rather study the
possibility to rewrite a proper web control, for exemple reusing only
the existing control for server-side computations.

HTH,
Laurent

Guest

Thanks Laurent,
What I did is created Window control library and created a User Control in
it.
And then in my web project I added the OBJECT Tag like this:-

Now the problem I am having is that in my web project I have to click the
User control twice. I think first click activates the control, which could be
anywhere in the User Control area (on the web form). And the Second on any
system control (like button) inside the User Control.
How can handle this extra click of activating the User Control.
Thanks,
RK

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,
Thanks Laurent,
What I did is created Window control library and created a User Control in
it.
And then in my web project I added the OBJECT Tag like this:-

Now the problem I am having is that in my web project I have to click the
User control twice. I think first click activates the control, which could be
anywhere in the User Control area (on the web form). And the Second on any
system control (like button) inside the User Control.
How can handle this extra click of activating the User Control.
Thanks,
RK

You cannot. It's an ActiveX security measure introduced in a recent
security update of IE.

HTH,
Laurent