    How can I do this.
    Thanks,
    RK
    =?Utf-8?B?Uks=?=, Oct 26, 2006

  2. A window control won't work on a web page. It's another world.

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer & Consultant

    Eliyahu Goldin, Oct 26, 2006

  3. Hi,

    RK wrote:
    > I have a window control library with a user control abd I need to add this
    > dll to the aspx web pag.
    > How can I do this.
    > Thanks,
    > RK

    Like Eliyahu said, web and win are to different worlds. There is a way,
    though, to convert a WinForms control into an ActiveX control, which can
    be added to a web page using the normal way (OBJECT tag).

    http://www.codeproject.com/cs/miscctrl/htmlwincontrol.asp

    However, ActiveX technology is questionable (proprietary, unsecure (or
    at least perceived as such), disappearing), and I would rather study the
    possibility to rewrite a proper web control, for exemple reusing only
    the existing control for server-side computations.

    HTH,
    Laurent
    --
    Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft
    Laurent Bugnion, Oct 27, 2006
  4. Thanks Laurent,
    What I did is created Window control library and created a User Control in
    it.
    And then in my web project I added the OBJECT Tag like this:-

    Now the problem I am having is that in my web project I have to click the
    User control twice. I think first click activates the control, which could be
    anywhere in the User Control area (on the web form). And the Second on any
    system control (like button) inside the User Control.
    How can handle this extra click of activating the User Control.
    Thanks,
    RK

    =?Utf-8?B?Uks=?=, Oct 27, 2006
  5. Hi,

    RK wrote:
    > Thanks Laurent,
    > What I did is created Window control library and created a User Control in
    > it.
    > And then in my web project I added the OBJECT Tag like this:-
    >
    > Now the problem I am having is that in my web project I have to click the
    > User control twice. I think first click activates the control, which could be
    > anywhere in the User Control area (on the web form). And the Second on any
    > system control (like button) inside the User Control.
    > How can handle this extra click of activating the User Control.
    > Thanks,
    > RK

    You cannot. It's an ActiveX security measure introduced in a recent
    security update of IE.

    HTH,
    Laurent
    --
    Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft
    Laurent Bugnion, Oct 27, 2006
  6. No other way to achevie this functionality apart from the <OBJECT> Tag

    Thanks,
    RK

    =?Utf-8?B?Uks=?=, Oct 30, 2006