Added Python, WSGI to XAMPP

Gerry Reno

If you have any need of a portable LAMP stack, I just finished writing
some How-To's for getting Python, VirtualEnv and WSGI frameworks running
with XAMPP:

How-To: Add VirtualEnv and Pylons (WSGI framework) to XAMPP
<http://www.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=42981>

How-To: Add VirtualEnv and Django (WSGI framework) to XAMPP
<http://www.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=42992>

How-To: Add Python and mod_wsgi to XAMPP
<http://www.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=42975>

-Gerry

rusi

If you have any need of a portable LAMP stack, I just finished writing
some How-To's for getting Python, VirtualEnv and WSGI frameworks running
with XAMPP:

How-To: Add VirtualEnv and Pylons (WSGI framework) to XAMPP
<http://www.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=42981>

How-To: Add VirtualEnv and Django (WSGI framework) to XAMPP
<http://www.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=42992>

How-To: Add Python and mod_wsgi to XAMPP
<http://www.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=42975>

-Gerry

What does XAMPP give (on linux) that the distro apache,mysql dont?

Gerry Reno

What does XAMPP give (on linux) that the distro apache,mysql dont?

It is a portable LAMP stack that is basically independent of your distro.

If you want to upgrade PHP or Apache or whatever without disturbing your
distro PHP or Apache you can do this.

If you want to try out cutting edge releases of things you can do this
on XAMPP without bothering your distro.

It's an environment and what you can do with it is only limited by your
imagination.

-Gerry