Adding 2 sets of roll/pitch/yaw angles

Dan

Hello,

I have been working on a problem for a day now and am spinning my
wheels. What is the easiest way to add two sets of roll/pitch/yaw
angles? For example, an airplane is at 25deg pitch, 0 deg roll, and a
heading of 90 degrees, and the pilot is wearing a head mounted display
that is independent of the airframe.

Tried transformation matricies and couldn't quite get it right. I
thought there may be an easier solution.

Any help would really be great!

Thanks,
Dan Hoffard

Dann Corbit

Dan said:
Hello,

I have been working on a problem for a day now and am spinning my
wheels. What is the easiest way to add two sets of roll/pitch/yaw
angles? For example, an airplane is at 25deg pitch, 0 deg roll, and a
heading of 90 degrees, and the pilot is wearing a head mounted display
that is independent of the airframe.

Tried transformation matricies and couldn't quite get it right. I
thought there may be an easier solution.

Any help would really be great!

Your question has no bearing {pun intended} on the C language, as far as I
can see.

Translate second frame of reference origin to first frame of reference
origin.

Then perform rotations. Reverse operations to go back.