Adding a button to RenderContents Routine

Amb

I am building a control that shows a "Contract" that builds the contract from
the database. This control will be used in several projects as it is a
common task in our software.

I want to put a button in the renderContents output so that a "Submit"
appears, but the click event goes back to the control rather than the events
of the consuming pages. (I will put in some user events for programmers to
use when they use my control, but there is some generic database code that
has to happen everytime no matter where this is used).

We are trying to avoid Javascript if possible. How do I pick up and read
the user click event inside the server control.

Also (and slightly independent of the above): Can I output "<asp:controls>"
controls inside RenderContents? Will they then regenerate correctly in a
second parse?