Adding a custom type to the list of Field Types

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by David Hutz, Jun 6, 2006.

  1. David Hutz

    David Hutz Guest

    I have a class which extends DataControlField.
    It works fine in my GridView when I manually edit the source to
    reference it. ie.
    <Columns>
    <myControls:DavesField/>
    </Columns>

    Now, I'd like to have it appear in the Add New Column and Edit Columns
    dialog boxes alongside the built-in field types (e.g BoundField,
    CheckBoxField, ...)

    Anybody know how to do it?

    Thanks,
    Dave