Adding a "Favorites" icon

Jordan

I would like to add an icon to my website that would show if the site is
bookmarked.

I found this tag on the web:

<link href="images/favicon.ico" rel="shortcut icon">

However, Visual Studio shows this warning on the tag:
"The values permitted for this attribute do not include "shortcut icon".

I'm using the default doctype of:

Should I just ignore the warning or is there other syntax I should use?

Thanks!

John Timney \(ASP.NET MVP\)

Try telling it that its an icon with a type reference, but you can ignore
the error - it should still work. vs is just in a muddle.

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />

--
Regards

John Timney
ASP.NET MVP