    computer.

    I would like to know how to do that.

    Can anyone help me please or at least tell me where to look.

    Rob, Apr 13, 2007

  2. Rob wrote:
    > You know when you go to a site that has software or large files.
    >
    > You press a button or click on a link to download a file on to your
    > computer.
    >
    > I would like to know how to do that.
    >
    > Can anyone help me please or at least tell me where to look.

    someFileToDownload</a>

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Apr 13, 2007

  3. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    > Rob wrote:
    >> You know when you go to a site that has software or large files.
    >>
    >> You press a button or click on a link to download a file on to your
    >> computer.
    >>
    >> I would like to know how to do that.
    >>
    >> Can anyone help me please or at least tell me where to look.

    > someFileToDownload</a>

    Thanks but did not work.

    Ray_June_cards.MOV</a>

    Rob, Apr 16, 2007
  4. Rob wrote:
    > Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >> Rob wrote:
    >>> You know when you go to a site that has software or large files.
    >>>
    >>> You press a button or click on a link to download a file on to your
    >>> computer.
    >>>
    >>> I would like to know how to do that.
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone help me please or at least tell me where to look.

    >> someFileToDownload</a>
    >>

    > Thanks but did not work.

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    > Ray_June_cards.MOV</a>

    Ah, www.example.com is just that, the proper way to specify an example
    domain, you have to substitute *your* domain name there. You do have web
    hosting right? (You cannot host a party at your apartment until you rent
    an apartment!)

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Apr 16, 2007
  5. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    > Rob wrote:
    >> Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    >>> someFileToDownload</a>
    >>>

    >> Thanks but did not work.

    > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >
    >> Ray_June_cards.MOV</a>

    > Ah, www.example.com is just that, the proper way to specify an example
    > domain, you have to substitute *your* domain name there. You do have web
    > hosting right? (You cannot host a party at your apartment until you rent
    > an apartment!)

    Thanks for that.

    I deliberately swapped my domain name for www.example.com (I did not
    want to send an army of spambots to my site)

    When I clicked on the link on the web server I got a blank white
    background with the blue Quick Time "Q" appeared. It was as if it was
    trying to play the file. I must have missed a space or something.

    Rob, Apr 16, 2007
  6. Rob wrote:

    > When I clicked on the link on the web server I got a blank white
    > background with the blue Quick Time "Q" appeared. It was as if it was
    > trying to play the file. I must have missed a space or something.

    Or you have your browser set to play MOV files. Just right-click and
    slect to save the file to hard drive

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan