Adding a list on design time to the Html Editor

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Lior, May 30, 2006.

  1. Lior

    Lior Guest

    Hi all,

    i've created a new server control named: NewLabel that inherit from
    Label control.
    I add a new attribute from this control named "Permission" and i
    created a "tag prefix" in the
    ..config file to this new control.
    when i add this control it works fine and the intellisense give me the
    prefix and the new attibute
    that i added to this control.
    example:
    <NewLabel:NewLabel ID="l1" runat="server" Permission=
    ></NewLabel:NewLabel>

    the problem is that i don't know i to add the functionality that when i
    type the permission
    attribute a list will be opend to me (like: "User", "Admin"...) like
    when you type "runat=" and
    then you get a list and you can chose "server" from it and the develper
    doesn't need to
    get what are his options.
    i'm working on vs2005!!!, in 2003 it was easy to change the asp.xsd
    file.
    how do i solve this?

    thanks!!!

    Lior, May 30, 2006