Adding a new dataset in Crystal report / CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine dll error with VS 20

Susil Patro

Hi all,

I have installed Visual Studio dot net version 2003, in my machine. I
opened a new project for developing an application related to crystal
reports.

I got the following error, while I tried to add a new dataset

"The daVinci Diagram Surface could not be found. Please reinstall
Visual Studio".

From net I got the following message posted by - Steve Smith
([email protected])
There's a bunch of shared dlls in c:\program files\common
files\microsoft
shared\msdesigners7 that load when the dataset designer loads:

msdds.dll
msddsf.dll
msddslm.dll
msddsui.dll (in .\resourses\1033 or whatever language you're in)

Presumably the "dds" is for "daVinci Diagram Surface". Comparing a
machine
that didn't work to one that did, these dll's were much newer on the
machine
that didn't work.

Pls help guys .... if I need to move this dll from any other machines
as I have reinstalled visual studio version 2003 several times, but
could not solve the problem.

Another problem:
Than I decided not to attach a dataset and directly attach a table to
crystal report.

But while running the application, I got the following error:
"File or assembly name CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, or one
of its dependencies, was not found."

But I tried removing and adding the reference to
"CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine" several times, but the same
error is resulting.

Pls help me for this.

Regards
Susil Patro