Adding a new web method gets me the "Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction" e

Steve Evans

A couple of weeks ago, I set up a .NET web service with one web
method. Since then, my Linux client has been using the one method with
no problem. Today, I added a second web method in the same service.
Here's an excerpt from the wsdl file:

<definitions targetNamespace="http://cscweb/WebServices">
-<types>
-<s:schema elementFormDefault="qualified"
targetNamespace="http://cscweb/WebServices">
-<s:element name="UpdateInq">
-<s:element name="UpdatePowerMT">

To me, everything looks good. "UpdateInq" is the original method,
"UpdatePowerMT" is the new one, both are declared as WebMethods and
show up in WSDL. When I call UpdatePowerMT, I see this:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server did not recognize
the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction:
http://cscweb/WebServices/UpdatePowerMT.

Replace the call with UpdateInq and it works, go back to UpdatePowerMT
and it breaks again. What's going on here? Is there some sort of
cached version of the service that's not getting updated with the new
content? Checking the debugging info for UpdatePowerMT shows it with
the same syntax as UpdateInq, just the different name. Argh!

Thanks for any help, Steve

John Conwell

I'm not trying to be smart here, but even though you updated you WSDL document, did you regenerate your client side proxy class thats based on the WSDL?

Steve Evans

Thanks for your note. If you mean removing the .cs file (InqService.cs,
in
this case) and creating a new one using wsdl from a command window
("wsdl /o:InqService.cs ..." etc), then I did. Or is there a different
document that you're referring to?

Steve