    window in the existing page. Is it possible?

    --
    Barry A.

    Barry Allen (news), Mar 15, 2006

  2. Barry Allen (news) wrote:
    > I have a page which I wish other people to be able to update with
    > emergency information. Ideally I would like the new information to be a
    > plain text file which the existing page could call on to update a
    > window in the existing page. Is it possible?

    Why should anyone help you if you are just going to remove your post in
    6 days? What if someone else has that same question 6 months from now
    and is searching for key words that would bring them to your message
    and this thread? If your message is gone then they may not find the
    answer they are looking for.

    So you want to take from the group, but not give to it?

    Travis Newbury, Mar 15, 2006

  3. In article <>,
    Travis Newbury <> wrote:
    > Barry Allen (news) wrote:
    > > I have a page which I wish other people to be able to update with
    > > emergency information. Ideally I would like the new information to
    > > be a plain text file which the existing page could call on to
    > > update a window in the existing page. Is it possible?

    > Why should anyone help you if you are just going to remove your post
    > in 6 days? What if someone else has that same question 6 months from
    > now and is searching for key words that would bring them to your
    > message and this thread? If your message is gone then they may not
    > find the answer they are looking for.

    Why did you bother replying. Just use the 'next' button.

    > So you want to take from the group, but not give to it?

    I'm not sure what you mean. I'm afraid I don't have much to give.

    --
    Barry A.

    Barry Allen (news), Mar 15, 2006
  4. Barry Allen (news) wrote:

    > I'm not sure what you mean. I'm afraid I don't have much to give.

    He means your setting of: X-No-Archive: Yes

    which means your post will not be stored in the archives for others
    looking for the same answer will not find it, and any answer to it...

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 15, 2006