Adding a Toolbar window into a MDI frame window

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Alain NGUYEN, Nov 23, 2007.

  1. Alain NGUYEN

    Alain NGUYEN Guest

    Hi,

    I'm actually writing a CLIENT/SERVER TCP/IPv6 application, under Microsoft
    Visual Studio C++. In which the SERVER is a file server application and the
    CLIENT is a "Multiple Document Interface (MDI)" and "RichEdit Text"
    application that can open multiple files from the server.

    I would like to add a Toolbar window into my MDI frame window, to do this,
    I've created the Toolbar window with the "CreateToolBarEx" function.

    But the created Toolbar window is located in the client area of the MDI
    frame window and each time a new MDI child window is created to hold a new
    document, it erases the Toolbar window in the client area.

    My question is how can I do :
    1) To change the client area size so that fits
    height(MDI Frame window) - height(Toolbar window)
    OR
    2) To include the Toolbar window into the
    non-client area like the Menubar and the Titlebar

    So that the MDI child window can't anymore erase the Toolbar window in the
    client area.

    Thanks,

    Alain NGUYEN
    Alain NGUYEN, Nov 23, 2007