adding a variable inside a hyperlink template (inside a datalist)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Dave, Aug 29, 2003.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Hi ,

    I have the following where I need to append a string variable inside a
    hyperlink
    template, inside a datalist. The variable 'categoryList' is the culprit.
    No matter where this variable is declared, the compiler says it is
    'undefined'.
    What am I missing here? I am a newbie to ASP.NET trying to rebuild my ASP
    library.

    <asp:datalist id="list" Height="8px" Width="250px" runat="server">

    <ItemTemplate>

    &nbsp;

    <asp:HyperLink id="HyperLink1" runat="server"
    CssClass="CategoryUnselected" NavigateUrl='<%# "../index.aspx?catID=" &
    categoryList & "|" & DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "CategoryID")%>'
    Text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "CategoryName") %>'>

    </asp:HyperLink><br />

    </ItemTemplate>

    </asp:datalist>

    TIA