    your virtual directory is under the IIS root directory rather than your own?

    Thx,
    Emilio
    ~~~ .NET Ed ~~~, Feb 26, 2005

  2. Using the IDE, you are locked in a box. But, you can get around this by
    adding the source via SourceSafe, then getting latest to the directory you
    specified. Once you do that, you are golden.

    The interaction between SourceSafe, IIS and Visual Studio is the issue here.
    It is not a new problem, as those securing source with ASP sites experienced
    much of the same.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SD, SE, DBA

    Think outside the box!
    "~~~ .NET Ed ~~~" <> wrote in message
    > I have a couple of websites that I develop locally on WinXP Pro and these
    > have their virtual directories mapped to another local drive (i.e.
    > E:\Websites\*) rather than the default C:\inetpub\wwwroot\* location.
    >
    > Using VS.NET 2003 I wanted to add my solution to source control (local VSS
    > database as well) but was unable to do it because it complained that the
    > path did not correspond to c:\inetpub\wwwroot or something like that. Does
    > that mean that the only way to keep web projects under source control is

    if

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Feb 26, 2005