Adding a web reference to a java web service

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by wawa_piggy, Apr 19, 2004.

  1. wawa_piggy

    wawa_piggy Guest

    Hi,

    In my .net web application, I was trying to add a web reference to a
    Java web service running on a SUNONE machine in my intranet.
    But while the dialog box was searching for the reference, i encounter
    the following errors.

    No Web References were found on this page.

    The request failed with HTTP status 502: Proxy Error ( The ISA Server
    denies the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). ).

    But the wsdl for the web service was available.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks..

    wawa_piggy, Apr 19, 2004

  2. wawa_piggy

    Jan Tielens Guest

    Can you browse with IE to the wsdl page?

    --
    Greetz,
    Jan

    Jan Tielens, Apr 19, 2004

  3. wawa_piggy

    wawa_piggy Guest

    Yup.. i was able to view the wsdl in the IE window when i key in the
    url. So i assume it is valid.

    At first, I was wondering if ther is a need to configure some settings
    so that .Net will bypass the proxy server for the IP address because the
    the web service actually reside on the server within the intranet. But i
    can't seems to find any configuration files for this purpose.

    wawa_piggy, Apr 19, 2004
  4. wawa_piggy

    Jan Tielens Guest

    It seems to mee you are heaving a problem with your firewall/proxy. Could
    you save the contents of the wsdl (xml) to a file, and then add a web
    reference to that file? Probably this will work, but it could be that you
    will have the same problem when you try to access the web service.

    --
    Greetz,
    Jan

    Jan Tielens, Apr 19, 2004
  5. wawa_piggy

    wawa_piggy Guest

    Yes. I am able to browse with IE to the wsdl page for my web services.
    But when i use the Add Web Reference box to add the web reference , it
    simply give the error

    "No Web References were found on this page.

    The request failed with HTTP status 502: Proxy Error ( The ISA Server
    denies the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). )."

    May i know what is wrong??
    Thanks.

    wawa_piggy, Apr 19, 2004
  6. Can you show us the URL ?
    Can you show us the IE Proxy settings?

    Check out this blogpost for what may be a similar situation:
    http://weblogs.asp.net/jlerman/archive/2003/03/25/4283.aspx

    -D

    Dino Chiesa [Microsoft], Apr 22, 2004