Adding attribute to Docbook?

Carlo

I was wondering if someone could help me with this or point me to a
good resource. I'm trying to add some attributes to docbook to be
used later in effectivity. It was recommended I change the
dbpoolx.mod:

<!ENTITY % local.common.attrib "">

<!ENTITY % local.common.attrib
"newatt CDATA #IMPLIED">

....It seems to work once, but when I add the same lines to make a
second attribute like "newatt2" it doesn't work. Also, are there any
other portions of the .mod file I need to change when adding this
code? Is there a better way of adding common attributes?

Thanks a million for anyone that can help with this,

Carlo

Dean Tiegs

I was wondering if someone could help me with this or point me to a
good resource. I'm trying to add some attributes to docbook to be
used later in effectivity. It was recommended I change the
dbpoolx.mod:

<!ENTITY % local.common.attrib "">

<!ENTITY % local.common.attrib
"newatt CDATA #IMPLIED">

...It seems to work once, but when I add the same lines to make a
second attribute like "newatt2" it doesn't work. Also, are there
any other portions of the .mod file I need to change when adding
this code? Is there a better way of adding common attributes?

If you're doing this:

<!ENTITY % local.common.attrib
"newatt CDATA #IMPLIED">
<!ENTITY % local.common.attrib
"newatt2 CDATA #IMPLIED">

that won't work. Only the first declaration of an entity has effect;
any other declarations of the same entity are ignored.

Try this:

<!ENTITY % local.common.attrib
"newatt CDATA #IMPLIED
newatt2 CDATA #IMPLIED">