Adding attribute to Docbook?

Discussion in 'XML' started by Carlo, Nov 22, 2003.

  1. Carlo

    Carlo Guest

    I was wondering if someone could help me with this or point me to a
    good resource. I'm trying to add some attributes to docbook to be
    used later in effectivity. It was recommended I change the
    dbpoolx.mod:

    <!ENTITY % local.common.attrib "">

    <!ENTITY % local.common.attrib
    "newatt CDATA #IMPLIED">

    ....It seems to work once, but when I add the same lines to make a
    second attribute like "newatt2" it doesn't work. Also, are there any
    other portions of the .mod file I need to change when adding this
    code? Is there a better way of adding common attributes?

    Thanks a million for anyone that can help with this,

    Carlo
    Carlo, Nov 22, 2003

  2. Carlo

    Dean Tiegs Guest

    (Carlo) writes:

    > I was wondering if someone could help me with this or point me to a
    > good resource. I'm trying to add some attributes to docbook to be
    > used later in effectivity. It was recommended I change the
    > dbpoolx.mod:
    >
    > <!ENTITY % local.common.attrib "">

    > <!ENTITY % local.common.attrib
    > "newatt CDATA #IMPLIED">
    >
    > ...It seems to work once, but when I add the same lines to make a
    > second attribute like "newatt2" it doesn't work. Also, are there
    > any other portions of the .mod file I need to change when adding
    > this code? Is there a better way of adding common attributes?

    If you're doing this:

    <!ENTITY % local.common.attrib
    "newatt CDATA #IMPLIED">
    <!ENTITY % local.common.attrib
    "newatt2 CDATA #IMPLIED">

    that won't work. Only the first declaration of an entity has effect;
    any other declarations of the same entity are ignored.

    Try this:

    <!ENTITY % local.common.attrib
    "newatt CDATA #IMPLIED
    newatt2 CDATA #IMPLIED">