Adding Browser Capabilities for new device in asp.net1.1

Nadav Popplewell

Hi everybody,

I've got an ASP.NET 1.1 application and I need to add to it new Browser
Capabilities information for 3 new cellular phones.

I used to use http://www.asp.net/mobile/profile/MyDevices.aspx to detect the
Browser Capabilities for my devices, but now I can't get to that page.
When I try to get there I get a login page.
When I try to login it shows the same login page WITHOUT any error.
I've got an account in www.asp.net (when the login page is displayed it also
says 'Signed in as *' in the upper right corner of the page).

I've tried to send a question about it on the www.asp.net feedback form
but it does not work.

Does anybody know what is going on there, or at least how I can get in tough
with somebody who is involved with the WWW.ASP.NET site?

Thanks,
Nadav

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Nadav,

As for the device profileing service, I've tried it on my side and did
found the behavior you mentioned. So far I haven't idea on what is the
exact problem, maybe the service is removed. I'll try looking for someone
that can provide more info on this. I'll inform you as soon as I get any
information.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

--------------------

Nadav Popplewell

Hi steven,

Thanks for your reply.

Nadav

Steven Cheng said:
Hi Nadav,

As for the device profileing service, I've tried it on my side and did
found the behavior you mentioned. So far I haven't idea on what is the
exact problem, maybe the service is removed. I'll try looking for someone
that can provide more info on this. I'll inform you as soon as I get any
information.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Nadav,

Sorry for keep you waiting. After some further consulting, It seems the
original device filter services is not quite monitored now, I also haven't
found the exact ones that will focus on this. So far, I would suggest you
post this issue to the product feedback site:

http://connect.microsoft.com/feedback/default.aspx?SiteID=210

I think this should be an important issue to get noticed.

From: =?Utf-8?B?TmFkYXYgUG9wcGxld2VsbA==?= <[email protected]>

Nadav Popplewell

I Steven,

Thanks for your help,

I've posted this issue to the product feedback site and I hope this will be
fixed soon.

However, I don't think I'm going to wait till it's fixed, but instead I'll
change my web site to work with WURFL.

I was hoping to avoid changes to this old web site, but it looks like I have
no choice...

Any way, thanks,

Nadav