Adding controls to Treeview nodes possible?

Guest

Well then how did they do this if you cant do it with ASP.NET Treeview, did
they completely rewrite the control?

Because I have successfuly added HTML controls,button,radio button etc but
have not figured out how to use them yet.

Thanks

Guest

Well then how did they do this if you cant do it with ASP.NET Treeview, did
they completely rewrite the control?

I think they do not used the standard ASP.NET Treeview Control, they
created their own, and if you want to use it you have to buy the
license

Kevin

This is a third party control not shipped from Microsoft and provides
additional functionality. There are many ASP.NET 3rd party suites that
provide additional features not shipped in System.Web.UI.WebControls,
for example of embedding content inside nodes:

http://www.telerik.com/demos/aspnet/TreeView/Examples/Functionality/Templates/DefaultCS.aspx

In this approach they are using templates per node to define custom
content per node:

<radt:RadTreeNode Text="Inbox">
<NodeTemplate>
<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container, "Text")
%>
&nbsp;
<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container,
"Attributes['New']") %>
</NodeTemplate>
<radt:RadTreeNode />

Very convenient. But then again it is a custom 3rd party solution and
costs money.