Adding CSS to LinkButton

Maziar Aflatoun

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can add a css to the following link button. I want to
add it so that Update, Cancel and Edit have the css in the form of <a
href="" class="">Update</a>
<asp:EditCommandColumn ButtonType="LinkButton" UpdateText="Update"
CancelText="Cancel" EditText="Edit"></asp:EditCommandColumn>

Thank you
Maz.

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hey Maz,

You need to create a style class and then assign it to the CssClass
property. Use a template column for this.

Does this help?

Ken
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]
Toronto

.myclass { font-size: 1.17em;
text-decoration: none;
color: #333399;
}

<asp:templatecolumn>
<itemtemplate>
<asp:linkbutton CssClass="myclass"
runat="server" Text="Edit" CommandName="Edit"
CausesValidation="false"></asp:linkbutton>
</itemtemplate>
<edititemtemplate>
<asp:linkbutton CssClass="myclass"
runat="server" Text="Update" CommandName="Update"></asp:linkbutton>&nbsp;
<asp:linkbutton CssClass="myclass"
runat="server" Text="Cancel" CommandName="Cancel"
CausesValidation="false"></asp:linkbutton>
</edititemtemplate>
</asp:templatecolumn>

Maziar Aflatoun

Worked. Thanks