Adding Data To Data Base

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Paul Smith, Aug 26, 2005.

  1. Paul Smith

    Paul Smith Guest

    I have a web form which collects user data. It is populated with options
    stored in an access DB. I have successfully managed to bind my form
    controls to the required sources.

    My problem is now how do I update two other tables in the access DB with, 1.
    data obtained from text boxes on the form and 2. their selections form
    lists.

    The reference book I am working from does not show an example of adding
    records only updating records shown using a data grid!!!!!

    I have the code below from a web search, but do not understand where to put
    the following line of code:

    Imports System.Data.OleDb

    I actually do not understand the code which use 'New oleDbCommand', I would
    like to do it using a dataset which at least I have some minor understanding
    of.

    If anyone has any web references which show me how to achieve my aims please
    post them

    Paul Smith, Aug 26, 2005

  2. Paul Smith

    John Rivers Guest

    Please see my comments below ...

    Paul Smith wrote:
    > I have a web form which collects user data. It is populated with options
    > stored in an access DB. I have successfully managed to bind my form
    > controls to the required sources.
    >
    > My problem is now how do I update two other tables in the access DB with, 1.
    > data obtained from text boxes on the form and 2. their selections form
    > lists.
    >
    > The reference book I am working from does not show an example of adding
    > records only updating records shown using a data grid!!!!!
    >
    > I have the code below from a web search, but do not understand where to put
    > the following line of code:
    >
    > Imports System.Data.OleDb

    ***
    ***
    ***
    have you tried balancing it on your head?
    ***
    ***
    ***

    > I actually do not understand the code which use 'New oleDbCommand', I would
    > like to do it using a dataset which at least I have some minor understanding
    > of.
    >
    > If anyone has any web references which show me how to achieve my aims please
    > post them

    ***
    ***
    ***
    this might help:

    http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/
    ***
    ***
    ***

    John Rivers, Aug 26, 2005

  3. Paul Smith

    Paul W Smith Guest

    Thanks John,

    At the risk of being accused of not being able to take a joke, what was the
    point of your comments. maybe they would have been better appreciated at:

    alt.smug_git.timewaster

    I posted what was genuine problems, if it was too simle to be worthy of
    decent consideration I apologise for not knowing this.

    Paul Smith

    Paul W Smith, Aug 28, 2005
  4. Paul Smith

    Bob Lehmann Guest

    I bet that your real name is Dick.

    Bob Lehmann

    Bob Lehmann, Aug 28, 2005
  5. Paul Smith

    John Rivers Guest

    It was only meant to playfully mocking,
    i'm sorry if it came across as nasty,
    did you enjoy the moonsong?

    The real reason for my mockery - an attempt
    to teach you that this job can be hell
    if don't do your reading. Before you try
    and write VB why not read about it first?

    It will be much more enjoyable experience for you.

    Furthermore you can answer the question yourself
    just by typing "Imports" and hitting F1 and
    reading what it says.

    Its actually quicker and easier than using a newsgroup too.

    Enjoy your coding :-|

    John Rivers, Aug 30, 2005