Adding Data To Data Base

Paul Smith

I have a web form which collects user data. It is populated with options
stored in an access DB. I have successfully managed to bind my form
controls to the required sources.

My problem is now how do I update two other tables in the access DB with, 1.
data obtained from text boxes on the form and 2. their selections form
lists.

The reference book I am working from does not show an example of adding
records only updating records shown using a data grid!!!!!

I have the code below from a web search, but do not understand where to put
the following line of code:

Imports System.Data.OleDb

I actually do not understand the code which use 'New oleDbCommand', I would
like to do it using a dataset which at least I have some minor understanding
of.

If anyone has any web references which show me how to achieve my aims please
post them

John Rivers

Please see my comments below ...

Paul said:
I have a web form which collects user data. It is populated with options
stored in an access DB. I have successfully managed to bind my form
controls to the required sources.

My problem is now how do I update two other tables in the access DB with, 1.
data obtained from text boxes on the form and 2. their selections form
lists.

The reference book I am working from does not show an example of adding
records only updating records shown using a data grid!!!!!

I have the code below from a web search, but do not understand where to put
the following line of code:

Imports System.Data.OleDb

***
***
***
have you tried balancing it on your head?
***
***
***
I actually do not understand the code which use 'New oleDbCommand', I would
like to do it using a dataset which at least I have some minor understanding
of.

If anyone has any web references which show me how to achieve my aims please
post them

***
***
***
this might help:

http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/
***
***
***

Paul W Smith

Thanks John,

At the risk of being accused of not being able to take a joke, what was the
point of your comments. maybe they would have been better appreciated at:

alt.smug_git.timewaster

I posted what was genuine problems, if it was too simle to be worthy of
decent consideration I apologise for not knowing this.

Paul Smith

John Rivers

It was only meant to playfully mocking,
i'm sorry if it came across as nasty,
did you enjoy the moonsong?

The real reason for my mockery - an attempt
to teach you that this job can be hell
if don't do your reading. Before you try
and write VB why not read about it first?

It will be much more enjoyable experience for you.

Furthermore you can answer the question yourself
just by typing "Imports" and hitting F1 and
reading what it says.

Its actually quicker and easier than using a newsgroup too.

Enjoy your coding :-|