    One of the things I want to do would be to e-mail a user/moderator
    whenever a exam question is edited/completed/updated. does anyone have
    any previous expierence in this? i don't even know where to start.
    joeyjoejnr, Apr 12, 2007

  2. Do a search at aspfaq.com for CDO

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Apr 12, 2007

  3. joeyjoejnr

    Evertjan. Guest

    joeyjoejnr wrote on 12 apr 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    > I am currently developing a final year project which is a web based
    > tracking system tracking exam questions. I am using IIS as the
    > server, MS access for the database, and ASP with VBScript for the
    > scripting side of things.
    >
    > One of the things I want to do would be to e-mail a user/moderator
    > whenever a exam question is edited/completed/updated. does anyone have
    > any previous expierence in this? i don't even know where to start.

    Start here, but do not expect us to do your projects.
    [In fact, the use of Google and alike should be known to you enough to have
    found alike yourself.]

    <http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/email/how-do-i-send-e-mail-with-cdo.html>

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Apr 12, 2007
  4. joeyjoejnr

    joeyjoejnr Guest

    On Apr 12, 11:26 pm, "Evertjan." <>
    wrote:
    > joeyjoejnr wrote on 12 apr 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    >
    > > I am currently developing a final year project which is a web based
    > > tracking system tracking exam questions. I am using IIS as the
    > > server, MS access for the database, and ASP with VBScript for the
    > > scripting side of things.

    > > One of the things I want to do would be to e-mail a user/moderator
    > > whenever a exam question is edited/completed/updated. does anyone have
    > > any previous expierence in this? i don't even know where to start.

    > Start here, but do not expect us to do your projects.
    > [In fact, the use of Google and alike should be known to you enough to have
    > found alike yourself.]
    >
    > <http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/email/how-do-i-send-e-mail-with-cdo.html>
    >
    > --
    > Evertjan.
    > The Netherlands.

    cheers for the links. don't worry, i wasn't expecting anyone to do my
    project for me ;). just wondering if there were any tried and tested
    methods out there - altho i might be back if i get stuck!
    joeyjoejnr, Apr 13, 2007