adding e-mail system (for web based tracking system)

joeyjoejnr

Hi,

I am currently developing a final year project which is a web based
tracking system tracking exam questions. I am using IIS as the
server, MS access for the database, and ASP with VBScript for the
scripting side of things.

One of the things I want to do would be to e-mail a user/moderator
whenever a exam question is edited/completed/updated. does anyone have
any previous expierence in this? i don't even know where to start.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Do a search at aspfaq.com for CDO
Hi,

I am currently developing a final year project which is a web based
tracking system tracking exam questions. I am using IIS as the
server, MS access for the database, and ASP with VBScript for the
scripting side of things.

One of the things I want to do would be to e-mail a user/moderator
whenever a exam question is edited/completed/updated. does anyone have
any previous expierence in this? i don't even know where to start.

Evertjan.

joeyjoejnr wrote on 12 apr 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
I am currently developing a final year project which is a web based
tracking system tracking exam questions. I am using IIS as the
server, MS access for the database, and ASP with VBScript for the
scripting side of things.

One of the things I want to do would be to e-mail a user/moderator
whenever a exam question is edited/completed/updated. does anyone have
any previous expierence in this? i don't even know where to start.

Start here, but do not expect us to do your projects.
[In fact, the use of Google and alike should be known to you enough to have
found alike yourself.]

<http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/email/how-do-i-send-e-mail-with-cdo.html>

joeyjoejnr

joeyjoejnr wrote on 12 apr 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
I am currently developing a final year project which is a web based
tracking system tracking exam questions. I am using IIS as the
server, MS access for the database, and ASP with VBScript for the
scripting side of things.
One of the things I want to do would be to e-mail a user/moderator
whenever a exam question is edited/completed/updated. does anyone have
any previous expierence in this? i don't even know where to start.

Start here, but do not expect us to do your projects.
[In fact, the use of Google and alike should be known to you enough to have
found alike yourself.]

<http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/email/how-do-i-send-e-mail-with-cdo.html>

Hi,

cheers for the links. don't worry, i wasn't expecting anyone to do my
project for me ;). just wondering if there were any tried and tested
methods out there - altho i might be back if i get stuck!