Adding Event to C# VS 2003

tshad

I normally use DW to create my pages and never have to worry about events.
They are just created.

In DW, all my code and design are on one page (no code-behind).

When I create a Page_PreRender event - it just works.

Sub Page_PreRender(ByVal Sender As Object, ByVal E As EventArgs)
End Sub

But in VS 2003 if I add the following lines

private void Page_PreRender(object sender, EventArgs e)

It doesn't generate the event.

I have to then go over to InitializeComponent Event and add the following
line:

this.Load += new System.EventHandler(this.Page_PreRender);

Why is this?

I don't have to add a special handler in DW.

Is there an easier way to add an event like this?

Thanks,

Tom