Adding excel spread sheet to web site.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Larry, Jul 27, 2004.

  1. Larry

    Larry Guest

    Hi colleagues,

    Adding excel spread sheet to web site.

    I have an excel spread sheet with 720 rows and 4 columns. If this is
    too large I can break it up into two or three separate spread sheets.
    I would know how to do this.

    However, I then want to add the spread sheet to my web site. I do not
    know how to do this. Depending upon your recommendation the data can
    go on one or more pages.

    The web site page URL to which I want to add the spread sheet can be
    viewed at: http://brestlitovsk.topcities.com/Towns_Close_To_Brest.html

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    In addition to posting to this group, could you please cc me at

    Thanks in advance!

    Larry Schenker
    Larry, Jul 27, 2004

  2. Larry

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On 27 Jul 2004 15:48:25 -0700, Larry <> declared in
    alt.html:

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Jul 28, 2004

  3. Larry

    Webcastmaker Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Adding excel spread sheet to web site.

    Explain "adding" Do you mean:

    1. You want it to be part of your site? Like an embedded video?

    you can't (at least not like you ae thinking)

    2. Do you mean that you want someone at your site to be able to view
    it?

    Make it a link

    --
    WebcastMaker
    www.webentations.com
    Webcastmaker, Jul 28, 2004
  4. Larry

    Wayne Guest

    Webcastmaker wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >
    >>Adding excel spread sheet to web site.

    > Explain "adding" Do you mean:
    >
    > 1. You want it to be part of your site? Like an embedded video?
    >
    > you can't (at least not like you ae thinking)
    >
    > 2. Do you mean that you want someone at your site to be able to view
    > it?
    >
    > Make it a link

    If you have Excel 2002, you can save it as an html file directly. I
    haven't tried to make it interactive, but I believe that is one of the
    options. Excel then saves the html part to the location you designate,
    and includes a folder with the needed files for each worksheet in the
    file and some formatting files as well (not sure this is what they are,
    but there are worksheet files and some others in the folder). You can
    then create a standard link using the htmlo file.

    Wayne
    Wayne, Jul 28, 2004
  5. Michael Wilcox, Jul 28, 2004
  6. Larry

    Sid Ismail Guest

    Sid Ismail, Jul 28, 2004
  7. Larry

    Leslie Guest

    On 27 Jul 2004 15:48:25 -0700, (Larry) wrote:

    >Hi colleagues,
    >
    >Adding excel spread sheet to web site.
    >
    >I have an excel spread sheet with 720 rows and 4 columns. If this is
    >too large I can break it up into two or three separate spread sheets.
    >I would know how to do this.
    >
    >However, I then want to add the spread sheet to my web site. I do not
    >know how to do this. Depending upon your recommendation the data can
    >go on one or more pages.

    There's a great utility out there called xls2html that will convert
    your spreadsheet to a table to be inserted into a web page. It's easy
    to use, flexible and creates a clean table without all the excess junk
    excel adds when saved as html.

    I use it about once a year to update a list of names, addresses, ph #s
    and email addresses. The version I use was available for free a few
    years ago, now it's shareware at $29.95 here:
    http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Business/MS_Office_Add-ins/Xls2Html.html

    You may be able to search and find the older, free version available
    for d/l somewhere. Either way, it's been a godsend for me.

    Leslie
    "I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person."
    Leslie, Jul 28, 2004