adding existing calls of docbook to new elements

Discussion in 'XML' started by KemperR@ee.nec.de, Jul 22, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Dear Experts,

    I'm new to docbook and have sucessfully started to get into
    customisation layers. Therefore I changed the dtd as recomended.
    But I got stuck at the simple point when I want to add existing classes
    to my new elements.
    E.g I would like to see every thing of the para.class to my new element
    eeabastract. Please find my DTD below:
    My problem is that I can only refer to an existing class after
    %DocBookDTD is called. But than I ca not longer add things to it.

    How to make this right ???

    Thanks a lot for your help
    Rolf

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!-- eefrontpage -->
    <!ENTITY % eefrontpage.module "INCLUDE">
    <![%eefrontpage.module;[
    <!ENTITY % eefrontpage.element "INCLUDE">
    <![%eefrontpage.element;[

    <!ELEMENT eefrontpage
    (docnumber+,doctitle,docsubtitle,department,effectivedate,approvedby,checkedby,issuedby,distribution)>
    <!ELEMENT docnumber (#PCDATA) >
    <!ATTLIST docnumber type (EE|IDS) #REQUIRED>
    <!ELEMENT doctitle (#PCDATA) >
    <!ELEMENT docsubtitle (#PCDATA) >
    <!ELEMENT department (#PCDATA)>
    <!ELEMENT effectivedate (#PCDATA)>
    <!ELEMENT approvedby (#PCDATA)>
    <!ELEMENT checkedby (#PCDATA)>
    <!ELEMENT issuedby (#PCDATA)>
    <!ELEMENT distribution (addressee+)>
    <!ELEMENT addressee (#PCDATA)>
    <!ATTLIST addressee type (TO|CC) #REQUIRED >
    <!ELEMENT eeabstract (#PCDATA)> <!-- how to add existing docbook
    classes here e.g (para.class) here ????? -->
    ]]>
    ]]>
    <!-- eedocstate -->
    <!ENTITY % eedocstate.module "INCLUDE">
    <![%eedocstate.module;[
    <!ENTITY % eedocstate.element "INCLUDE">
    <![%eedocstate.element;[
    <!ELEMENT eedocstate (#PCDATA)> <!-- how to add existing docbook
    classes here e.g (para.class) here ?????-->
    ]]>
    ]]>

    <!ENTITY % local.info.class "|eefrontpage|eedocstate">
    <!ENTITY % DocBookDTD PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.4//EN"
    "J:\etccom\_work_rolfk\_cdGeneral\_xml\_docbook\DTD4.4\docbookx.dtd">
    %DocBookDTD;
    , Jul 22, 2005