    access to manipulate the module, so I need to figure out a way to
    either enable/add the module on only certain pages, or a way to
    disable a module on certain pages. Any idea?

    Bac2Day1, Apr 10, 2007

  2. Bac2Day1

    Ben Rush Guest

    I'm honestly not aware of any way to do something like this. I'm sure there
    might be some convoluted method of getting around the issue, but I can't
    think of anything at the moment. Sorry.

    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Ben Rush

    Ben Rush, Apr 11, 2007

  3. "Ben Rush" <> wrote in message
    > I'm honestly not aware of any way to do something like this. I'm sure
    > there might be some convoluted method of getting around the issue, but I
    > can't think of anything at the moment. Sorry.
    >
    > --
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~
    > Ben Rush
    > http://www.ben-rush.net/blog
    >

    > "Bac2Day1" <> wrote in message
    >> I've got a HTTPMODULE that I need to be included on some pages within
    >> my site, but not others. This will allow security (the purpose of the
    >> module) on most parts of my site, but I need to bypass loading the
    >> httpmodule on web services within my site. I do not have direct
    >> access to manipulate the module, so I need to figure out a way to
    >> either enable/add the module on only certain pages, or a way to
    >> disable a module on certain pages. Any idea?

    The only way to do this is to partition your pages into a folder hierarchy
    and then to add a web.config, with the HttpModule configured, to the
    subtrees which require that HttpModule.

    But you can't do it page-by-page.

    John

    John Saunders, Apr 11, 2007
  4. Why not put the web pages that need the HTTPMODULE into a separate
    directory and create a web.config file for the directory to configure
    the directory to use the HTTPMODULE?

    Charles Zhang
    http://www.speedydb.com
    (SpeedyDB ADO.NET Provider is the fastest, most secure ADO.NET Provider
    over Wide Area Network)

    Charles Zhang, Apr 11, 2007
  5. I think you place the web pages that need the HTTPMODULE into a separate

    Charles Zhang, Apr 11, 2007