Adding HTTPMODULE for certain pages

Bac2Day1

I've got a HTTPMODULE that I need to be included on some pages within
my site, but not others. This will allow security (the purpose of the
module) on most parts of my site, but I need to bypass loading the
httpmodule on web services within my site. I do not have direct
access to manipulate the module, so I need to figure out a way to
either enable/add the module on only certain pages, or a way to
disable a module on certain pages. Any idea?

Ben Rush

I'm honestly not aware of any way to do something like this. I'm sure there
might be some convoluted method of getting around the issue, but I can't
think of anything at the moment. Sorry.

John Saunders

Ben Rush said:
I'm honestly not aware of any way to do something like this. I'm sure
there might be some convoluted method of getting around the issue, but I
can't think of anything at the moment. Sorry.

The only way to do this is to partition your pages into a folder hierarchy
and then to add a web.config, with the HttpModule configured, to the
subtrees which require that HttpModule.

But you can't do it page-by-page.

John

Charles Zhang

Why not put the web pages that need the HTTPMODULE into a separate
directory and create a web.config file for the directory to configure
the directory to use the HTTPMODULE?

Charles Zhang
http://www.speedydb.com
(SpeedyDB ADO.NET Provider is the fastest, most secure ADO.NET Provider
over Wide Area Network)

Charles Zhang

I think you place the web pages that need the HTTPMODULE into a separate