    information will be displayed in the tooltips.

    Does anybody know the way to do that?
    Thanks

    Khanh Ly via JavaKB.com, Feb 7, 2005

  2. Khanh Ly via JavaKB.com wrote:
    > I have audio files which I would like to add properties to the files like
    > date created, speaker name, etc. When the mouse points to the file, those
    > information will be displayed in the tooltips.

    I'm not sure what you mean by "mouse points to the file", but I assume
    you are writing an application with some sort of file browser.
    Usually audio files contain a header with some descriptive data. The
    amount of information you can extract depends on the format of the file
    (e.g. MP3 files provide a lot more info than WAV files do). Stuff like
    "date created" can be determined from looking at the file attributes.

    --
    Regards,

    Karsten
    Karsten Baumgarten, Feb 7, 2005

  3. Sorry for confusing.
    What I mean is I have a audio file created with 3 properties in it: Author,
    Text, Creator, etc. Now I would like to add more properties into it such
    as language, speaker, gender, etc.
    My question are
    Is there a way to add more properties to an audio file after it created?
    Will new properties show up in the tooltip in window explorer?
    Thanks

    Khanh Ly via JavaKB.com, Feb 7, 2005
  4. Khanh Ly via JavaKB.com wrote:
    > Sorry for confusing.
    > What I mean is I have a audio file created with 3 properties in it: Author,
    > Text, Creator, etc. Now I would like to add more properties into it such
    > as language, speaker, gender, etc.
    > My question are
    > Is there a way to add more properties to an audio file after it created?
    > Will new properties show up in the tooltip in window explorer?

    What kind of audio file is it? If there is room in the header for more
    properties, you can add more. If not, you cannot. AFAIK the windows
    explorer uses the header to extract the informations (I can't think of
    another way to do it), so if it provides more info, you'll see more info.

    Still confused... ;)

    --
    Regards,

    Karsten