Adding information to a file

Khanh Ly via JavaKB.com

I have audio files which I would like to add properties to the files like
date created, speaker name, etc. When the mouse points to the file, those
information will be displayed in the tooltips.

Does anybody know the way to do that?
Thanks

Karsten Baumgarten

Khanh said:
I have audio files which I would like to add properties to the files like
date created, speaker name, etc. When the mouse points to the file, those
information will be displayed in the tooltips.

I'm not sure what you mean by "mouse points to the file", but I assume
you are writing an application with some sort of file browser.
Usually audio files contain a header with some descriptive data. The
amount of information you can extract depends on the format of the file
(e.g. MP3 files provide a lot more info than WAV files do). Stuff like
"date created" can be determined from looking at the file attributes.

Khanh Ly via JavaKB.com

Sorry for confusing.
What I mean is I have a audio file created with 3 properties in it: Author,
Text, Creator, etc. Now I would like to add more properties into it such
as language, speaker, gender, etc.
My question are
Is there a way to add more properties to an audio file after it created?
Will new properties show up in the tooltip in window explorer?
Thanks

Karsten Baumgarten

Khanh said:
Sorry for confusing.
What I mean is I have a audio file created with 3 properties in it: Author,
Text, Creator, etc. Now I would like to add more properties into it such
as language, speaker, gender, etc.
My question are
Is there a way to add more properties to an audio file after it created?
Will new properties show up in the tooltip in window explorer?

What kind of audio file is it? If there is room in the header for more
properties, you can add more. If not, you cannot. AFAIK the windows
explorer uses the header to extract the informations (I can't think of
another way to do it), so if it provides more info, you'll see more info.

Still confused... ;)