adding intellisense

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by lior, May 30, 2006.

  1. lior

    lior Guest

    Hi all,

    i've created a new server control named: NewLabel that inherit from
    Label control.
    I add a new attribute to this control named "Permission" and i've
    created a "tag prefix" in the .config file to this new control.
    when i add this control it works fine and the intellisense give me the
    prefix and the new attibute that i added to this control.
    example:
    <NewLabel:NewLabel ID="l1" runat="server" Permission= "" </NewLabel:NewLabel>

    the problem is that i don't know how to add the functionality that when i
    type the "permission"
    attribute a list will be opend to me (like: "User", "Admin"...) like
    when you type "runat=" and
    then i get a list and i can chose "server" from it and the develper
    doesn't need to know what are his options.
    i'm working on vs2005!!!, in 2003 it was easy to change the asp.xsd
    file.
    how do i solve this?

    thanks!!!

    lior, May 30, 2006