adding letter headers in multi column datalist

Discussion in '.NET' started by apple17, Dec 9, 2008.

  1. apple17

    apple17

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    I have a 3 column datalist where I am listing people. I want to put letters in to break up the list, so it would be like (there are two columns of data below, I don't know how to line up in this window and I don't want to put an image in here)

    A Cullen
    Adams D
    Apple Daniels
    B Dodger
    Baker Dumbro
    Bobo E
    Bumpa Everhard
    C Exeter
    Combs Exeter

    When I add the letters in in a function for each item, I can add it the letters, but it misaligns the other columns.

    How can I add in these letters without disturbing the other columns?
    apple17, Dec 9, 2008