adding modules when not root

gbarn

Is there a way for me to compile/use modules when I do not have root access
to a Unix box? Can I modify the Makefile or set an environment variable,
etc.?

Thank you,
Gary

Jim Gibson

gbarn said:
Is there a way for me to compile/use modules when I do not have root access
to a Unix box? Can I modify the Makefile or set an environment variable,
etc.?

Yes. See the built-in Perl documentation for how:

perldoc -q "own module"

FYI: this newsgroup is defunct; try comp.lang.perl.misc in the future,
or comp.lang.perl.modules for questions on Perl modules.

gbarn

Many thanks