adding new fields to an existing dataset behind a crystal report

David Lozzi

HI

I've been working on a report and I realized I need to add a few new fields.
I added them in my PROC in SQL, updated the .XSD file that the report uses
and the fields are in the XSD file. However, in the report, i cannot see the
fields. It appears the only way to get the new fields into the report is to
remove the existing data source and add it again. When i do this, i lose all
of the fields in my report!!! There has to be a better way to update this
report.

Thanks

David Lozzi

David Lozzi

I figured this out. Thanks.... After updating the XSD file, I then had to
Set Location within the report and specify the NEW XSD file.

Thanks,

Lucas Tam

However, in the report, i cannot see the
fields. It appears the only way to get the new fields into the report
is to remove the existing data source and add it again. When i do
this, i lose all of the fields in my report!!!

Right click on the data source and choose "verify database".

You might have to do this a couple times or even shut down VS.NET before
crystal picks up the new data fields.

David Lozzi

I tried that, no luck...