    Thanks,
    Regards, ON ALI

    , Oct 17, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > I have written a new layout manager. I would like to provide a support
    > for it in a GUI tool like Netbeans.
    >
    > Is there a way (through writing some module) of adding my new layout to
    > the list of default layouts which are supported by netbeans GUI
    > designer?

    Yes, as described in NetBeans's integrated help "Using a Custom Layout
    Manager"...

    Ensure it qualifies as a JavaBean (trivial), and doesn't require fancy
    parameters. Then use the palette manager in the tool menu to add it. In
    4.1 there was a default palette group for layout managers. In 5.0 you
    can either create such a group, or throw the new layout manger into the
    beans group in the palette manager.

    /Thomas

    --
    The comp.lang.java.gui FAQ: