Adding new record using previous record information... help!!

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Maximus, Apr 12, 2007.

  1. Maximus

    Maximus Guest

    I need some help. I have an .asp page that interfaces with an Access
    table (wjs_SuperInput). The .asp page looks to the table and pulls a
    recordset based on a job number, 12345, and a weekending date, mm/dd/
    yyyy. If there is no record for that job number with that particular
    weekending date a record is created, and the page refreshes, with form
    fields to allow the user to edit the record and then update it.

    Fields in the table are:

    jobNumber - number
    weekEndingDate - date
    currentHoursA - text
    currentHoursB - text
    reportRequired_01 - yes/no
    reportRequired_01b - yes/no

    The weekending date changes every Friday. Currently, today, the
    weekending date would be for 4/5/2007, tomorrow morning the weekending
    date moves to 4/12/2007. If a user goes brings up the page looking
    for job number 12222 today the code looks to see if there is record
    for that job with that weekending date. If no, record exists one is
    created and then the user can edit that record. Problem is, tomorrow
    is a new weekending date and there will be no record for job 12222,
    which is ok, but I need to grab the yes/no data from weekending
    4/5/2007 so they carry to the new record. Make sense?? Thanks for
    any help in advance...

    Maximus, Apr 12, 2007

  2. Maximus wrote:
    > I need some help. I have an .asp page that interfaces with an Access
    > table (wjs_SuperInput). The .asp page looks to the table and pulls a

    What was wrong with my previous reply in the "COPY field values?? Need
    Ideas!" thread? Please don't start new threads for the same topic.
    And make up your mind what the name of your table is ... ;-)
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Apr 12, 2007

  3. Maximus wrote:
    > I need some help. I have an .asp page that interfaces with an Access
    > table (wjs_SuperInput). The .asp page looks to the table and pulls a

    I guess you don't want help after all ...
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Apr 12, 2007