Adding new record using previous record information... help!!

Maximus

I need some help. I have an .asp page that interfaces with an Access
table (wjs_SuperInput). The .asp page looks to the table and pulls a
recordset based on a job number, 12345, and a weekending date, mm/dd/
yyyy. If there is no record for that job number with that particular
weekending date a record is created, and the page refreshes, with form
fields to allow the user to edit the record and then update it.

Fields in the table are:

jobNumber - number
weekEndingDate - date
currentHoursA - text
currentHoursB - text
reportRequired_01 - yes/no
reportRequired_01b - yes/no

The weekending date changes every Friday. Currently, today, the
weekending date would be for 4/5/2007, tomorrow morning the weekending
date moves to 4/12/2007. If a user goes brings up the page looking
for job number 12222 today the code looks to see if there is record
for that job with that weekending date. If no, record exists one is
created and then the user can edit that record. Problem is, tomorrow
is a new weekending date and there will be no record for job 12222,
which is ok, but I need to grab the yes/no data from weekending
4/5/2007 so they carry to the new record. Make sense?? Thanks for
any help in advance...

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Maximus said:
I need some help. I have an .asp page that interfaces with an Access
table (wjs_SuperInput). The .asp page looks to the table and pulls a

What was wrong with my previous reply in the "COPY field values?? Need
Ideas!" thread? Please don't start new threads for the same topic.
And make up your mind what the name of your table is ... ;-)

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Maximus said:
I need some help. I have an .asp page that interfaces with an Access
table (wjs_SuperInput). The .asp page looks to the table and pulls a

I guess you don't want help after all ...