Adding Pub any other way?

Mark Parnell

Sometime around Fri, 3 Oct 2003 15:54:25 +1000, B.W.drop the xx is reported
to have stated:
Is there another way to add a publication to a website?

*Another* way? Instead of what?

Hywel Jenkins

Is there another way to add a publication to a website?

Other than what? If you're replying to an exising message it would have
been useful to have either replied in-line, or to have at elast quoted
some of the other replies you had.

What is a "publication"? How is it sourced? Why not just make it an
HTML document? How about a PDF?

Jukka K. Korpela

Mark Parnell said:
*Another* way? Instead of what?

Instead of HTML, I presume. After all, "alt.html" means
'alternatives to HTML', doesn't it?

I would recommend text/plain;charset=us-ascii. That would at least
presentationally be an improvement over most pages in HTML. No
disgusting color combinations, no blinking, no gigantic grotesque
fonts, no size reduction below readability, etc.