Adding Queries within the DataSet Designer (VS2005)

daokfella

Hi all,

I added a dataset to my project and dragged over a table from server
explorer. I modified the dataadapter to use existing stored procedures
for the Get, Insert, Update and Delete. I've also added a few
additional queries that can fill the datatable. I've even also added
scalar queries to return additional info.

However, I'd like to use the tableadapter to retrieve a query that is
neither scalar, nor fits the schema of the datatable. The SPROC
basically return a single row with two columns. Is this even possible?
I get a warning when adding this query that it does not match the
table definition and to change it if it was not intended. I was hoping
the dataadapter would return a generic datatable for this method call.
Unfortunately, it still tries to return the typed datatable.

I'm guessing my only option is to create a new tableadapter in the
dataset that matches the schema of my SPROC? It's OK to omit the
INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE selections since this is read-only correct?

Thanks,

Jason