Adding records

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by raymond chiu, Jan 5, 2006.

  1. raymond chiu

    raymond chiu Guest

    Dear all Helpers,

    In Web Programming, Adding records for undefined number rows is not easy for
    me.

    I have thought several methods, e.g. (1) There are Two Pages, one is
    datagrid page for showing the records added. The second is showing several
    textboxs for input and one button for adding records to the first datagrid
    page.
    In this situation, we can use (a) querystring, (b) session variables or any
    others that I don't know.
    Can we use dataset for storing the records added and bind to the first page
    datagrid? What the code should be like in first page and second page?
    Suppose we are adding name and tel no.

    Appreciate for your help,

    Thanks,

    Raymond Chiu
    raymond chiu, Jan 5, 2006

  2. Hi,

    Can you be more clear regarding the button click.

    From my understanding, QueryString and Session variable are not the best
    choices. Dataset would be the best choice for this and you have to put
    dataset in ViewState and bind the grid to show newly added record in
    DataGrid.

    Hope it works.

    Regards,
    Sachin Saki
    ..NET Developer, Capgemini - INDIA

    "raymond chiu" ने लिखा:

    =?Utf-8?B?U2FjaGluIFNha2k=?=, Jan 6, 2006