Adding records

raymond chiu

Dear all Helpers,

In Web Programming, Adding records for undefined number rows is not easy for
me.

I have thought several methods, e.g. (1) There are Two Pages, one is
datagrid page for showing the records added. The second is showing several
textboxs for input and one button for adding records to the first datagrid
page.
In this situation, we can use (a) querystring, (b) session variables or any
others that I don't know.
Can we use dataset for storing the records added and bind to the first page
datagrid? What the code should be like in first page and second page?
Suppose we are adding name and tel no.

Appreciate for your help,

Thanks,

Raymond Chiu

Guest

Hi,

Can you be more clear regarding the button click.

From my understanding, QueryString and Session variable are not the best
choices. Dataset would be the best choice for this and you have to put
dataset in ViewState and bind the grid to show newly added record in
DataGrid.

Hope it works.

Regards,
Sachin Saki