Adding references to dlls in an ASP.net site

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by waldo, Apr 3, 2007.

  1. waldo

    waldo Guest

    Hi there,

    I'm trying to create an ASP site in Visual Studio 2005 that needs to
    include some dlls that I have already written. The problem is that
    when I add a reference to a certain dll, i get "The specified module
    could not be found (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)" when i try to
    build. I am not sure which dll is causing it because one of them (a c#
    dll) references the other (a c++ dll), but the error message displays
    after adding a ref. to either of them, (my guess is it's the C++ one)

    I have previously gone down the path of signing these dlls and putting
    them into the GAC, but i was lead to believe by this article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306149 that it
    is a bad practice to do so.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated... I have looked at the other
    articles in this forum that make reference to dlls/GAC etc, to no
    avail... Thanks
    waldo, Apr 3, 2007

  2. Is it possible that your dlls are dependent on other dlls for their
    functionality? That happened to me once.
    You can examine the dlls with DependencyWalker - http://www.dependencywalker.com/
    to find this out.
    Hope this helps.
    Latish