Adding Regular Expression Validators to GridView

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Burak Gunay, Sep 19, 2006.

  1. Burak Gunay

    Burak Gunay Guest

    Hello,

    I have a gridview with no column definitions and

    AutoGenerateColumns="true"

    so that I can populate this gridview dynamically depending on which
    table the user wants to pull data from.

    When a row is put into edit mode, I add regular expression validators
    to the textboxes in that row.

    When I click the Update button (whose commandname property is set to
    "Update"), I reload the grid so as not to lose the values in the
    texboxes but for some reason RowUpdating method of the gridview is not
    getting called.

    How can I fix this?

    Thanks,

    Burak