    my question is how do I manage my users and roles from the 2003 server itself
    (instead of my hack)
    [Sam Samson] - There is no greater folly than fixed price quoting.
    Sam Samson, Feb 11, 2008

  2. Sam Samson

    Scott M. Guest

    There is no built-in mechanism in 2003 for this. In this environment, the
    aspnet_db is just a database that you'll have to manually connect to and
    update yourself.

    Scott M., Feb 12, 2008

  3. Can't the ISS website be opened in Visual Studio directly where in the user
    can make use of the ASP.NET configuration?

    Balagopal N. Nair, Feb 14, 2008
  4. I mean IIS... sorry :)

    Balagopal N. Nair, Feb 14, 2008
  5. Sam Samson

    Sam Samson Guest

    Hello Scott M.,

    What I ended up doing was setting up 2003 SQL side of it (aspnet_db on 2003)
    and pointing my development machine membership provider to use that ... then
    I can use the the tools in the IDE ... not a great solution.

    cheers Sam

    Sam Samson, Feb 21, 2008