Adding rows to html table dynamically

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Valli, Sep 21, 2007.

  1. Valli

    Valli Guest

    Hi,

    I am a fresher to asp.net programming.

    I want to add rows to html table dynamically. I am able to do this
    using javascript.
    But i need to add rows to table in aspx.vb page. The oding what i wrote
    adds a row to a table but doesnt display the record.

    When I retrieve value from the cell, it returns the value. Is there
    anything wroing in my coding.
    Please help me friends.

    My code follows here:
    Private Sub psAddNewRow()

    Dim flag As Boolean = False

    flag = True

    If flag = True Then

    Dim row As New HtmlControls.HtmlTableRow

    Dim td1 As New HtmlControls.HtmlTableCell

    Dim td2 As New HtmlControls.HtmlTableCell

    Dim td3 As New HtmlControls.HtmlTableCell

    Dim td4 As New HtmlControls.HtmlTableCell

    Dim td5 As New HtmlControls.HtmlTableCell

    Dim td6 As New HtmlControls.HtmlTableCell

    Dim td7 As New HtmlControls.HtmlTableCell

    Dim td8 As New HtmlControls.HtmlTableCell

    Dim td9 As New HtmlControls.HtmlTableCell

    Dim td10 As New HtmlControls.HtmlTableCell

    Dim td11 As New HtmlControls.HtmlTableCell

    Dim strHtml1 As String

    Dim strHtml2 As String

    strHtml1 = "<INPUT TYPE=\""Button\"" CLASS=\""but\""
    onClick=\""EditRow(this)\"" VALUE=\""Edit\"">"

    strHtml2 = "<INPUT TYPE=\""Button\"" CLASS=\""but\""
    onClick=\""DeleteRow(this)\"" VALUE=\""Delete\"">"

    td1.InnerHtml = "Order"

    td2.InnerHtml = "Order2"

    td3.InnerHtml = "Order3"

    td4.InnerHtml = "Order4"

    td5.InnerHtml = "Order5"

    td6.InnerHtml = "Order6"

    td7.InnerHtml = "Order7"

    td8.InnerHtml = "Order8"

    td9.InnerHtml = "Order9"

    'td10.InnerHtml = strHtml1

    'td11.InnerHtml = strHtml2

    row.Cells.Add(td1)

    row.Cells.Add(td2)

    row.Cells.Add(td3)

    row.Cells.Add(td4)

    row.Cells.Add(td5)

    row.Cells.Add(td6)

    row.Cells.Add(td7)

    row.Cells.Add(td8)

    row.Cells.Add(td9)

    'row.Cells.Add(td10)

    'row.Cells.Add(td11)

    tblorederlist.Rows.Add(row) 'Add a row to table

    lblOrderOrPosition.Text = tblorederlist.Rows.Count
    --
    Thanks & Regards
    Valli
    Valli, Sep 21, 2007

  2. Here is the code to solve your problem

    TableRow tr = new TableRow();
    TableCell tc1 = new TableCell();
    TableCell tc2 = new TableCell();
    tc1.Text = "tc1";
    tc2.Text = "tc2";
    tr.Cells.Add(tc1);
    tr.Cells.Add(tc2);
    this.Table1.Rows.Add(tr);

    Regards
    Shahzad

    =?Utf-8?B?U2hhaHphZCBBaG1lZA==?=, Sep 21, 2007

  3. Although you can add rows programmatically, it is very rear when you should
    or have to do this. The way to go is using one of the databound controls
    GridView, Repeater or DataList. That is their job to make tables.

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer & Consultant

    Eliyahu Goldin, Sep 21, 2007
  4. Valli

    Valli Guest

    Hi Shahzad,

    Thanks for your answer.

    I need to add an htmltablerow to html table cell. So I think the coding
    which u gave will not suit my requirement.
    According to my case, the row is getting added. When i return the count, it
    reults with correct value.
    But in display, the table doesn't show the added row.

    Can you help me in this?

    Regards
    Valli

    --