    website so that users can search for keywords to access pages on our
    site.

    Has anybody done this and if so how ?

    Suhel Rizvi, Apr 30, 2004

  2. Suhel Rizvi

    JavaJunkie Guest

    I have done it using Apache Lucene. You must write a separate crawler to
    crawl the website using HTTP and build a Lucene index. Then you can write a
    search tool using Struts by using the same Lucene index to do searches on.

    Hint...look at this tool: http://www.matuschek.net/software/jobo/index.html

    Use it to crawl a site and it includes Lucene convenience methods to build
    your index.

    JavaJunkie, May 1, 2004

  3. Suhel Rizvi

    JavaJunkie Guest

    Get this book from the ugly people wrox books:

    http://images.amazon.com/images/P/1861007817.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

    JavaJunkie, May 1, 2004