    Any suggestions?

    Thanks in regards
    Anders
    Anders K. Jacobsen, Jul 19, 2005

  2. Anders K. Jacobsen

    data64 Guest

    "Anders K. Jacobsen" <> wrote in news:42dce712$0$70227
    $:

    > Hi I have a webpage with aprox 500 ordinarily html pages. How can i add
    > serach functionality to these pages?
    >
    > I have the following:
    > Windows 2003 with asp enabled maybe asp.net. I do NOT have permission to
    > install any software on the server though. The best solution as I see it
    > would be thaty i somehow could generate an index on my local machine and
    > upload this index to the website and eg. by using asp create some sort of
    > serach index.
    >
    > But i do not want to do thios my self. m looking for open source soulution
    > or payware (about 100$ limit)

    Have you considered just using Google ?
    If your pages are in Google's index then see
    <http://www.google.ca/searchcode.html>

    I have used Swish-e and played with ht-dig. Both are open source and free,
    but need Perl.

    data64
    data64, Jul 19, 2005

  3. Anders K. Jacobsen

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Anders K. Jacobsen" <>
    writing in news:42dce712$0$70227$:

    > Hi I have a webpage with aprox 500 ordinarily html pages. How can i add
    > serach functionality to these pages?
    >
    > I have the following:
    > Windows 2003 with asp enabled maybe asp.net. I do NOT have permission
    > to install any software on the server though. The best solution as I
    > see it would be thaty i somehow could generate an index on my local
    > machine and upload this index to the website and eg. by using asp
    > create some sort of serach index.
    >
    > But i do not want to do thios my self. m looking for open source
    > soulution or payware (about 100$ limit)
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    You can use the filesystem object. Post to an ASP classic group
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general) or a .net group (net will be in
    the name), and someone should have a solution for you.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info
    Adrienne, Jul 19, 2005
  4. Anders K. Jacobsen

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 13:42:06 +0200, "Anders K. Jacobsen" <>
    wrote:

    >I do NOT have permission to
    >install any software on the server though.

    Change server.
    Andy Dingley, Jul 19, 2005
  5. Anders K. Jacobsen

    dorayme Guest

    > From: "Anders K. Jacobsen" <>
    >
    > Hi I have a webpage with aprox 500 ordinarily html pages. How can i add
    > serach functionality to these pages?
    >
    > I have the following:
    > Windows 2003 with asp enabled maybe asp.net. I do NOT have permission to
    > install any software on the server though. The best solution as I see it
    > would be thaty i somehow could generate an index on my local machine and
    > upload this index to the website and eg. by using asp create some sort of
    > serach index.
    >
    > But i do not want to do thios my self. m looking for open source soulution
    > or payware (about 100$ limit)
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Yes, try Atomz - www.atomz.com. It's free (under mostly quite acceptable
    conditions) and very good. I have used it on a commercial site for ages and
    everyone seems happy. But I am glad you asked because I am interested in
    what others might also suggest.

    dorayme
    dorayme, Jul 20, 2005
  6. > Yes, try Atomz - www.atomz.com. It's free (under mostly quite acceptable
    > conditions) and very good. I have used it on a commercial site for ages
    > and
    > everyone seems happy. But I am glad you asked because I am interested in
    > what others might also suggest.

    Looks interesting. And if you mean that the serive stable im almost hooked.
    Could be interesting what thay cose with no banner. They don't seem to tell
    it anywhere.

    Thanks for your suggestion! (Though still looking for toher suggestions if
    any)
    Anders
    Anders K. Jacobsen, Jul 20, 2005