Adding search functionality to a webpage

Anders K. Jacobsen

Hi I have a webpage with aprox 500 ordinarily html pages. How can i add
serach functionality to these pages?

I have the following:
Windows 2003 with asp enabled maybe asp.net. I do NOT have permission to
install any software on the server though. The best solution as I see it
would be thaty i somehow could generate an index on my local machine and
upload this index to the website and eg. by using asp create some sort of
serach index.

But i do not want to do thios my self. m looking for open source soulution
or payware (about 100$ limit)

Any suggestions?

Thanks in regards
Anders

data64

Hi I have a webpage with aprox 500 ordinarily html pages. How can i add
serach functionality to these pages?

I have the following:
Windows 2003 with asp enabled maybe asp.net. I do NOT have permission to
install any software on the server though. The best solution as I see it
would be thaty i somehow could generate an index on my local machine and
upload this index to the website and eg. by using asp create some sort of
serach index.

But i do not want to do thios my self. m looking for open source soulution
or payware (about 100$ limit)

Have you considered just using Google ?
If your pages are in Google's index then see
<http://www.google.ca/searchcode.html>

I have used Swish-e and played with ht-dig. Both are open source and free,
but need Perl.

data64

Adrienne

Hi I have a webpage with aprox 500 ordinarily html pages. How can i add
serach functionality to these pages?

I have the following:
Windows 2003 with asp enabled maybe asp.net. I do NOT have permission
to install any software on the server though. The best solution as I
see it would be thaty i somehow could generate an index on my local
machine and upload this index to the website and eg. by using asp
create some sort of serach index.

But i do not want to do thios my self. m looking for open source
soulution or payware (about 100$ limit)

Any suggestions?

You can use the filesystem object. Post to an ASP classic group
(microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general) or a .net group (net will be in
the name), and someone should have a solution for you.

dorayme

From: "Anders K. Jacobsen said:
Hi I have a webpage with aprox 500 ordinarily html pages. How can i add
serach functionality to these pages?

I have the following:
Windows 2003 with asp enabled maybe asp.net. I do NOT have permission to
install any software on the server though. The best solution as I see it
would be thaty i somehow could generate an index on my local machine and
upload this index to the website and eg. by using asp create some sort of
serach index.

But i do not want to do thios my self. m looking for open source soulution
or payware (about 100$ limit)

Any suggestions?

Yes, try Atomz - www.atomz.com. It's free (under mostly quite acceptable
conditions) and very good. I have used it on a commercial site for ages and
everyone seems happy. But I am glad you asked because I am interested in
what others might also suggest.

dorayme

Anders K. Jacobsen

Yes, try Atomz - www.atomz.com. It's free (under mostly quite acceptable
conditions) and very good. I have used it on a commercial site for ages
and
everyone seems happy. But I am glad you asked because I am interested in
what others might also suggest.

Looks interesting. And if you mean that the serive stable im almost hooked.
Could be interesting what thay cose with no banner. They don't seem to tell
it anywhere.

Thanks for your suggestion! (Though still looking for toher suggestions if
any)
Anders