Adding text and buttons to pop-up box of enlarged image

Steven Choo

Hi all,

I have used a script which allows visitors of my personal website to
click on a small image to see an enlarged version in a pop-up. It
would be great if i could add some text within the pop-up, say below
the enlarged image, to give visitors a brief description.

Can anyone help with how I would do this? I'm fairly new to all this
so a detailed explanation would be great!

Also, how easy would it be to include "Next", "Previous" and "Close"
buttons in the pop-up which would bring up the next and previous
images and close the box respectively? Or am I way over my head here?

The script is as follows:

function spawnJimcoPopup(url, name, options, w, h, x, y, scaleType)
{
if (scaleType == 'percent')
{
w = (w * screen.availWidth) / 100;
h = (h * screen.availHeight) / 100;
}
if (x == 'center')
{
x = (screen.availWidth - w) / 2;
y = (screen.availHeight - h) / 2;
}
windowOptions = options + ',width=' + w + ',height=' + h + ',left='
+ x + ',top=' + y;
newWindow = window.open(url, name, windowOptions);
newWindow.focus();
}

Thanks.

Steven

kaeli

Hi all,

I have used a script which allows visitors of my personal website to
click on a small image to see an enlarged version in a pop-up. It
would be great if i could add some text within the pop-up, say below
the enlarged image, to give visitors a brief description.

Why don't you just use slideshow code that is already made? :)

It sounds like that's what you really want.
Go to google and search for
javascript slideshow

~kaeli~
Murphy's Law #2000: If enough data is collected, anything
may be proven by statistical methods.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace