Adding to collection from controlDesigner only produces end tag for the collection.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Don, Jul 22, 2005.

  1. Don

    Don Guest

    I have a customDesigner that adds to a collection in my control. For
    some reason on the closing tag is added to the HTML view.

    My control is called queryBuilder and has a collection called
    ColumnsList, which is of type ArrayList. For this example I'm just
    adding button to the list instead of my custom colum control.

    This is my code in the designer.
    Dim pdc As PropertyDescriptorCollection
    Dim pd As PropertyDescriptor

    CType(Component, queryBuilder).columnsList.Add(New Button)

    pdc = TypeDescriptor.GetProperties(GetType(queryBuilder))
    pd = pdc.Find("columnsList", True)

    Me.RaiseComponentChanged(pd, "", New Button)

    When this executes the button is added as well as the </COLUMNSLIST>
    ending tag, but I do not get a start tag.

    Thanks,
    Don
    Don, Jul 22, 2005