Adding web reference at runtime

rkuzmiak

Hi all,

I have to develop a following system:

One "global" manager connects to one of multiple "local" web services.
All
"local" web services have identical code - only thing they are
different is
machine they are installed on.

I want to add new "local" web services at execution time, I don't want
have their names (IP or DNS names) in code.

How can I do this?

Thanks in advance.
Rob.

rkuzmiak

What is MyService() class?

How to declare class inheriting from WebService at client?

Josh Twist

MyService class is the Web Service Proxy class auto-generated when you
Add Web Reference.

I wouldn't do it the way the link you provided suggests because you
will lose your changes if you update the Web Reference.

I'm not as familiar with the new proxies generated in VS 2005 (I think
they use a resource now) but I'm pretty sure you can still
programmatically set the Url as I showed above.

Josh