Adding WebControl using a Button....

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Esqueleto, Jun 25, 2006.

  1. Esqueleto

    Esqueleto Guest

    Hello

    I'm developing a WebSite that will have several Lists and Details and I
    want to access the detail of the records just clicking in the record in
    DataGrid (for example).
    The detail will appear in the botton (or top) of the list.

    All of this will be managed with events and will not pass in the Query
    String (for security reasons I don't want to use the query string).

    With all this, when I click a link button in the data grid, if I load a
    WebUserControl with the detail (from a DropDownList, CheckBox with
    auto-postback or anohter button), we need to click twice to raise the
    right event. Why? Yes, I know why. The first time we loaded
    WebUserControl was in the Event fase of the life cycle and the second
    was in the Page_Load.

    There is lot's of WebSites that have this implemented and the question
    is: How? How can load (or fake the load) in the Buttton click a
    WebUserControl and all the events been catch when the WebUserControl is
    loaded in the Page_Load? All of this without using the Query String.

    What is the best approche? WebUserControl or IFrame?

    Hope that someone could help me.
    tkx in advance

    Paulo Aboim Pinto
    Odivelas - Portugal

    Esqueleto, Jun 25, 2006

  2. Nice question.

    I will suggest you to use nested datagrids. I mean, nest a datagrid
    inside an datagrid and bind data nested datagrid thru the parent
    datagrid's ItemDataBound event.

    -
    Vadivel Kumar
    http://vadivelk.net

    Vadivel Kumar, Jun 26, 2006

  3. Esqueleto

    Esqueleto Guest

    tkx for the response.

    I have lot's of application for this feature like a search panel and
    the hitlist panel that I want to perform the search after click the
    "Search" link (or button); Have the collapse button for a certain part
    of the screen, etc.

    This problem can be use in all of this features. I don't want to
    pre-load the WebUserControl and make the Visible = true when I want him
    to show. I want to only load want I need and I need when I click one
    link (or button).

    There is no other way to resolve this?

    Paulo Aboim Pinto
    Odivelas - Portugal

    Esqueleto, Jun 26, 2006
  4. hi Paulo, yes, make sure you set an explicit id for your dynamic control,
    and also make sure that it is rebuilt the same way it was built previously
    after a postback.
    Try some of the suggestions in the following post :
    http://groups.google.com/group/micr...sandro zifiglio&rnum=3&hl=en#23ed93f9941ae970

    Regards,
    Alessandro Zifiglio

    Alessandro Zifiglio, Jun 26, 2006